The Melcherhof Residence is located at the entry to the Ridanna Valley in Telves at an altitude of 1160 m, and only 8 km from Vipiteno. Telves is a harbour of the Three-Valleys-Community Racines with the valleys Ridanna, Racines and Giovo. There is plenty to experience in the surroundings. Our adventure tips in Ridanna - Racines & surroundings:
- Gilfenklamm Canyon: On its course, Racines River turns into thunderous water masses, which have paved a way through the rocky marble canyon. In the core of the canyon, you enjoy breath-taking views deep down to the water, and the hiking trail leads over suspension brindges and steps across this nature reserve.
- The Burghardklamm Canyon also awaits you with waterfalls, gorges and suspension bridges.
- Mines in Ridanna Monteneve: Discover life underground! Welcome to the former silver, lead and zinc mine
- Wolfsthurn Castle: The only pure baroque castle in South Tyrol. In addition to the architecture, this castle impresses with the integrated Hunting & Fishing Museum. A "Forest & Water" theme path has been realised on the outdoor space.
- Multscher Museum: The Multscher Museum hosts parts of the altar, which was realised by Hans Multscher from Ulm for the parish church in Vipiteno between 1456 and 1459. The altar includes the four renowned altar panels, the scenes from the life of Mary, and the Passion of Christ. This altar is considered one of the masterpieces of this period.
- Vipiteno: the merchant town is characterised by a historic past and is ideal for a wonderful shopping experience.
- DOB – Designer Outlet Brenner: branded clothes at top prices
- Reifenstein Castle: Reifenstein Castle is located on the rocky hill south-west of Vipiteno. The castle features portcullis, parapet walks, firing banks and windows,
and a historic bridge. The castle can only be visited during guided tours.
- The Fortezza Fortress was planned and constructed within only five years (1833 - 1838) by the genius royal officers Franz von Scholl and Karl von Mártony. The plans were based on the most recent state of fortress architecture, and was one of the strongest fortresses in the Alpine region during this period. It is a giant labyrinth of rooms, hallways and stairs.
- Innsbruck: the capital of North Tyrol impresses with the Golden Roof, Hofburg Castle, the Bergisel ski jump and the Alpenzoo.
- Swarovski Crystal Worlds in Wattens: Enjoy a tour through the fascinating Swarovski world